Offline inspires you to “avoid average weekends,” which means it gives you the tools and the motivation to fall in love with where you live and to fall in love with life. It’s a challenge to not be complacent—to be a doer and not a dreamer. Spend time with the people you care about. Explore. Appreciate the uniqueness of the community and people around you. It’s not so much a product as it is a philosophy — a way of being that we truly believe in.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Represent the Offline brand across our digital platforms and likely across multiple cities. Responsible for digital content (words, images, video, etc.) from sourcing to ideating compelling topics to distributing. Must be able to execute on tight deadlines!
- Recruit and manage a community of freelance contributors
- Support branded content through creative input and content creation
- Contribute to Offline’s editorial calendar and social distribution strategy, including content creation and release for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
What Will Set You Up For Success:
- Previous editorial experience. Can you produce concise, witty copy with flawless spelling and grammar? We want you!
- Exceptional attention to detail (while still working under tight deadlines)
- Comfortable adhering to style guides (AP style)
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for Offline (our content, platforms and the utility we offer!)
- You embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience working within a startup organization—highly motivated, entrepreneurial and energetic
- Experience producing video
- Digital marketing experience
Mission Motivated. When’s the last time you did something in the physical world that is or could be listed on Offline? Took a vacation? Spent 1-1 time with people you care about? Would you use Offline regardless of whether you worked here?
Proactive. We like to say, “be a doer, not a dreamer.” On a daily basis, how much mental energy do you spend worrying or complaining instead of solving problems and taking responsibility? Do you take action or do you stall?
Fearless. We’re talking about diving into a problem head first, no matter how little you know, not diving with sharks.
A Continuous Learner. Are you always hungry for more? When’s the last time you read or watched something that made you smarter? Had a meaningful conversation?